Skip to Main Content
Cogongrass Imperata cylindricaAuthor(s): James H. Miller
Source: USDA Forest Service, Region 8, Protection Report R8-PR 036 July 1999
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (2.3 MB)
DescriptionPlant: Aggressive, colony-forming perennial grass, mostly 0.5-1.2 m (1 1/2-4 ft) tall. with upright or matforming light green leaves having rough margins and an off-centered midrib, from sharp-tipped white-scaly rhizomes with fibrous roots.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMiller, James H. 1999. Cogongrass Imperata cylindrica. USDA Forest Service, Region 8, Protection Report R8-PR 036 July 1999
- Biology and control of cogongrass (Imperata cylindrica) in southern forests
- Proceedings of the regional cogongrass conference: a cogongrass management guide
- Pushing toward cogongrass (Imperata cylindrical) patch eradication: the influence of herbicide treatment and application timing on cogongrass rhizome elimination.
XML: View XML