Skip to Main Content
Nutrients in foliage and wet deposition of nitrate, ammonium and sulfate in washing tree top in Abies religiosa forestsAuthor(s): E.R Peña-Mendoza; A. Gómez-Guerrero; Mark Fenn; P. Hernández de la Rosa; D. Alvarado Rosales
Source: Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Agrícolas. Special Issue No. 14: 2793-2805
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Pacific Southwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (436.0 KB)
DescriptionThe nutritional content and tree top in the forests are evaluated of Abies religiosa, San Miguel Tlaixpan (SMT) and Rio Frio (RF), State of Mexico. The work had two parts. In the first, the nutritional content was evaluated in new foliage (N, P, K, Ca and Mg) in Abies religiosa trees, in periods of spring, summer and winter, in stands with different degrees of damage tree top. The results showed no correlation between the degree of damage of tree top and nutrient content variation in foliage, except for N and Mg with higher leaf content compared with the control RF site. Furthermore, no deficiencies of nutrients studied were found; however, the Mg / N was stable at the time of sampling in the control site RF, while the ratio decreased SMT. In the second part it was carried out an analysis of the ionic forms of nitrogen and sulfur wash tree top. The results indicate moderate deposits at both sites. However, significant differences in washing NH4+-N tree top between the two forests were found, with values of 8.56 and 4.34 kg ha-1 yr-1 in SMT and RF. In the same order, the flow of NO3-N was 4.40 and 2.84 kg ha-1 yr-1 but the differences were not statistically significant. The total deposit of N varied was 12.96 and 7.18 for SMT and RF, respectively. To SO42 - flows were 15.36 and 6.67 kg ha-1 yr-1 in SMT and RF, in the same order.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPeña-Mendoza, E.R; Gómez-Guerrero, A.; Fenn, M.E.; Hernández de la Rosa, P.; Alvarado Rosales, D. 2016. Nutrients in foliage and wet deposition of nitrate, ammonium and sulfate in washing tree top in Abies religiosa forests. Revista Mexicana de Ciencias Agrícolas. Special Issue No. 14: 2793-2805.
KeywordsAbies religiosa, air pollution, atmospheric deposition, forest nutrition
- Ecological restoration of Abies religiosa forests using Nurse plants and assisted migration in the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, Mexico
- Hybridization of a Rocky Mountain fir (Abies concolor) and a Mexican fir (Abies religiosa).
- Hybridization of a Rocky Mountain fir (Abies concolor) and a Mexican fir (Abies religiosa)
XML: View XML