Skip to Main Content
Handbook to additional fungal species of special concern in the Northwest Forest Plan.Author(s): Michael A. Castellano; Efren Cazares; Bryan Fondrick; Tina Dreisbach
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-572. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 144 p
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (21.0 MB)
DescriptionThis handbook is a companion to the Handbook to Strategy 1 Fungal Species in the Northwest Forest Plan, Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-476, published in October 1999. It includes 73 record-of-decision (ROD)-listed fungal species not contained in the first handbook, as well as updated site, field, and collecting forms; an expanded set of artificial keys to all fungal species from both handbooks; and an updated, partially illustrated glossary. The main purpose of this handbook is to help facilitate the survey, collection, and handling of potential ROD-listed fungal species by USDA Forest Service and USDI Bureau of Land Management employees. Each species is represented by a condensed description, a set of distinguishing features, and information on substrate, habitat, and seasonality. We also present a list of known sites within the range of the northern spotted owl, a distribution map, and additional references to introduce the available literature on a particular species.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCastellano, Michael A.; Cazares, Efren; Fondrick, Bryan; Dreisbach, Tina. 2003. Handbook to additional fungal species of special concern in the Northwest Forest Plan. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-572. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 144 p
KeywordsMycology, mushrooms, sequestrate fungi, truffles, biodiversity, monitoring, rare fungi, forest ecology
- Handbook to strategy 1 fungal taxa from the Northwest Forest Plan.
- Approaches to sampling macrofungi
- Diversity, ecology, and conservation of truffle fungi in forests of the Pacific Northwest
XML: View XML