Skip to Main Content
Forests of Maryland, 2015Author(s): Tonya Lister; Richard Widmann
Source: Resource Update FS-99. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
PDF: View PDF (774.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of forest resources in Maryland based on inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. From 2004-2013, FIA employed an annual inventory, measuring 20 percent of all sample plots each year in Maryland. Beginning in 2014, FIA is on a 7-year cycle, inventorying 14.3 percent of all plots annually. For the 2015 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass, are based on 944 plots sampled from 2009-2015. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 953 samples collected in 2005-2009 and resampled in 2009-2015. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtoldand Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al. (2013) for definitions and technical details.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLister, T.W.; Widmann, R.H. 2016. Forests of Maryland, 2015. Resource Update FS-99. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML