Skip to Main Content
United States housing, 2013Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, Research Note FPL-RN-0340.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of the 2013 U.S. housing market, including updated information and data, and is part of an ongoing series of quarterly and annual housing reports that provide historical information on housing permits, starts, houses under construction, and completions. In addition, short briefs present information regarding house sales, construction spending and economic impact, demographics, affordability and financing, wood usage in housing, types of housing, and other factors that affect the U.S. housing market. The purpose of this series of reports is to present periodic snapshots of the dynamic U.S. housing industry. This publication is based in part on data produced by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Census Bureau; the National Association of Realtors; the National Association of Homebuilders; and the Forest Products Laboratory and Northern Research Station of the U.S. Forest Service.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2016. United States Housing, 2013. Research Note, FPL-RN-0340. Madison, WI. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 23 p.
Keywordshousing, permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending
- United States housing brief, January 2018
- United States housing, third quarter 2013
- United States housing, fourth quarter 2013
XML: View XML