Skip to Main Content
Cradle-To-Gate Life Cycle Assessment of North American Hardboard and Engineered Wood Siding and Trim ProductionAuthor(s): Maureen Puettmann; Richard Bergman; Elaine Oneil
Source: CORRIM Final Report. University of Washington. Seattle, WA. July 2016.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionCORRIM, the Consortium for Research on Renewable Industrial Materials (www.corrim.org), has derived life-cycle inventory (LCI) data for nine major wood products and four wood production regions in the United States (US). The LCI data cover forest regeneration through to final product at the mill gate. CORRIM’s LCI studies have included both structural and nonstructural wood products. This report focuses on the average North American production of hardboard and engineered wood siding and trim (EWST). Hardboard and EWST are in the same composite wood product category and in this report will be collectively be referred to as “hardboard”.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPuettmann, Maureen; Bergman, Richard; Oneil, Elaine. 2016. Cradle-to-gate life cycle assessment of North American hardboard and engineered wood siding and trim production. CORRIM Final Report. University of Washington. Seattle, WA. July 2016. 77 pp.
KeywordsLCA, hardboard, environmental inputs, environmental outputs, environmental product declaration, engineered wood siding and trim
- Updating of U.S. Wood Product Life-Cycle Assessment Data for Environmental Product Declarations
- Cradle to Gate Life Cycle Assessment of North American Cellulosic Fiberboard Production
- Cradle to Gate Life Cycle Assessment of Softwood Lumber Production from the Northeast-North Central
XML: View XML