Baseliner: an open source, interactive tool for processing sap flux data from thermal dissipation probes.Author(s): Andrew C. Oishi; David Hawthorne; Ram Oren
Source: Software X
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (994.0 KB)
Estimating transpiration from woody plants using thermal dissipation sap flux sensors requires careful data processing. Currently, researchers accomplish this using spreadsheets, or by personally writing scripts for statistical software programs (e.g., R, SAS). We developed the Baseliner software to help establish a standardized protocol for processing sap flux data. Baseliner enables users to QA/QC data and process data using a combination of automated steps, visualization, and manual editing. Data processing requires establishing a zero-flow reference value, or “baseline”, which varies among sensors and with time. Since no set of algorithms currently exists to reliably QA/QC and estimate the zero-flow baseline, Baseliner provides a graphical user interface to allow visual inspection and manipulation of data. Data are first automatically processed using a set of user defined parameters. The user can then view the data for additional, manual QA/QC and baseline identification using mouse and keyboard commands. The open-source software allows for user customization of data processing algorithms as improved methods are developed.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationOishi, A. Christopher; Hawthorne, David A.; Oren, Ram. 2016. Baseliner: an open source, interactive tool for processing sap flux data from thermal dissipation probes. Software X vol.5: 139-143 5 p. 10.1016/j.softx.2016.07.003
KeywordsSap flux, thermal dissipation probe, Granier probe, data processing
- TRACC: an open source software for processing sap flux data from thermal dissipation probes
- Summary and synthesis of recommendations of the AmeriFlux Workshop on standardization of flux analysis and diagnostics; Corvallis, Oregon; August 2002
- Three Visualization Approaches for Communicating and Exploring Passive Integrated Transponder Tag Data
XML: View XML