Genetic mapping of Pinus flexilis major gene (Cr4) for resistance to white pine blister rust using transcriptome-based SNP genotypingAuthor(s): Jun-Jun Liu; Anna W. Schoettle; Richard A. Sniezko; Rona N. Sturrock; Arezoo Zamany; Holly Williams; Amanda Ha; Danelle Chan; Bob Danchok; Douglas P. Savin; Angelia Kegley
Source: BMC Genomics. 17: 753.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
Linkage of DNA markers with phenotypic traits provides essential information to dissect clustered genes with potential phenotypic contributions in a target genome region. Pinus flexilis E. James (limber pine) is a keystone five-needle pine species in mountain-top ecosystems of North America. White pine blister rust (WPBR), caused by a non-native fungal pathogen Cronartium ribicola (J.C. Fisch.), has resulted in mortality in this conifer species and is still spreading through the distribution. The objective of this research was to develop P. flexilis transcriptome-wide single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) markers using RNA-seq analysis for genetic mapping of the major gene (Cr4) that confers complete resistance to C. ribicola.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Liu, Jun-Jun; Schoettle, Anna W.; Sniezko, Richard A.; Sturrock, Rona N.; Zamany, Arezoo; Williams, Holly; Ha, Amanda; Chan, Danelle; Danchok, Bob; Savin, Douglas P.; Kegley, Angelia. 2016. Genetic mapping of Pinus flexilis major gene (Cr4) for resistance to white pine blister rust using transcriptome-based SNP genotyping. BMC Genomics. 17: 753.
Keywordsdisease resistance, genetic map, limber pine, transcriptome de novo assembly, white pine blister rust
- Resistance to white pine blister rust in Pinus flexilis and P
- Association mapping and development of marker-assisted selection tools for the resistance to white pine blister rust in the Alberta limber pine populations
- A method for estimating white pine blister rust canker age on limber pine in the central Rocky Mountains
XML: View XML