Skip to Main Content
The future of southern forestsAuthor(s): David N. Wear
Source: Forest Landowners
Publication Series: Magazines or Trade Publications
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (0 B)
DescriptionThe southeastern United States contains expansive and diverse forests that provide many values and services. The future of these forests will depend on many factors, including wood products markets, urban growth and development, insects and diseases, and climate changes.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWear, David N. 2016. The future of southern forests. Forest Landowners 75(5): 22-29. 4 p.
- Life cycle impacts of forest management and wood utilization on carbon mitigation : knowns and unknowns
- Chapter 2 - Nontimber forest products and production.
- Forest Health Monitoring and Forest Inventory Analysis programs monitor climate change effects in forest ecosystems
XML: View XML