Skip to Main Content
Estimating greenspace exposure and benefits for cumulative risk assessment applicationsAuthor(s): Rebecca Gernes; Richard Hertzberg; Margaret MacDonell; Glenn Rice; J. Michael Wright; Glennon Beresin; Travis Miller; Julia Africa; Geoffrey Donovan; J. Aaron Hipp; Perry Hystad; Laura Jackson; Michelle Kondo; Richard Mitchell; Mark Nieuwenhuijsen; Patrick Ryan; William Sullivan; Matilda Annerstedt van den Bosch
Source: EPA/600/R-16/025. Cincinnati, OH: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development. 109 p. https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/risk/recordisplay.cfm?deid=314417.
Publication Series: Full Proceedings
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis document provides a summary of the technical meeting on greenspace and cumulative risk assessment (GS-CRA) convened May 4−5, 2015 in Cincinnati, OH, by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Research and Development (ORD) National Center for Environmental Assessment (NCEA). This report highlights the presentations, discussions, and practical suggestions offered by the meeting participants; however, the report does not present consensus opinions of the meeting participants. Meeting Objective: Identify and evaluate approaches and appropriate data sources for measuring greenspace and exposure, and examine the distribution of health impacts of greenspace (e.g., across socio-economic status, sensitive populations), including risk reductions, from a cumulative risk assessment perspective, with attention to uncertainty in reporting and measurement.
- Visit PNW's Publication Request Page to request a hard copy of this publication.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationGernes, Rebecca; Hertzberg, Richard; MacDonell, Margaret; Rice, Glenn; Wright, J. Michael; Beresin, Glennon; Miller, Travis; Africa, Julia; Donovan, Geoffrey; Hipp, J. Aaron; Hystad, Perry; Jackson, Laura; Kondo, Michelle; Michael Yvonne; Mitchell, Richard; Nieuwenhuijsen, Mark; Ryan, Patrick; Sullivan, William; van den Bosch, Matilda Annerstedt. 2016. Estimating greenspace exposure and benefits for cumulative risk assessment applications. EPA/600/R-16/025. Cincinnati, OH: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Research and Development. 109 p. https://cfpub.epa.gov/ncea/risk/recordisplay.cfm?deid=314417.
- Using high-resolution residential greenspace measures in an urban environment to assess risks of allergy outcomes in children
- Cumulative impacts: current research and current opinions at PSW
- Cumulative effects of forest management activities: how might they occur?
XML: View XML