Skip to Main Content
Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of Platycarya strobilacea (Juglandaceae)Author(s): Jing Yan; Kai Han; Shuyun Zeng; Peng Zhao; Keith Woeste; Jianfang Li; Zhan-Lin Liu
Source: Conservation Genetics Resources. 9: 79-81.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (699.0 KB)
DescriptionThe whole chloroplast genome (cp genome) sequence of Platycarya strobilacea was characterized from Illumina pair-end sequencing data. The complete cp genome was 160,994 bp in length and contained a large single copy region (LSC) of 90,225 bp and a small single copy region (SSC) of 18,371 bp, which were separated by a pair of inverted repeat regions (IRs, 26,199 bp). The genome contained 130 genes, including 85 protein-coding genes (80 PCG species), 36 tRNA genes (29 tRNA species) and 8 ribosomal RNA genes (4 rRNA species). Most genes occur as a single copy, but 15 genes are duplicated. The overall AT content of the cp genome is 64 %, and the corresponding values of the LSC, SSC and IR regions are 66.4, 70.1 and 57.5 %, respectively. Phylogenetic analysis confirmed the placement of P. strobilacea near to Juglans.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationYan, Jing; Han, Kai; Zeng, Shuyun; Zhao, Peng; Woeste, Keith; Li, Jianfang; Liu, Zhan-Lin. 2017. Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of Platycarya strobilacea (Juglandaceae). Conservation Genetics Resources. 9: 79-81. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12686-016-0624-x.
KeywordsPlatycarya strobilacea, Hickory, China, Conservation, Chloroplast genome
- Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of the endangered species Carya sinensis (Juglandaceae)
- Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of wheel wingnut (Cyclocarya paliurus), an endemic in China
- The complete chloroplast genome of common walnut (Juglans regia)
XML: View XML