Skip to Main Content
Field guide for forested plant associations of the Wenatchee National Forest.Author(s): T.R. Lillybridge; B.L. Kovalchik; C.K. Williams; B.G. Smith
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-359. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 335 p. In cooperation with: Pacific Northwest Region, Wenatchee National Forest
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
View PDF (3.40 MB)
DescriptionA classification of forest vegetation is presented for the Wenatchee National Forest (NF). It is based on potential vegetation, with the plant association as the basic unit. The sample includes about 570 intensive plots and 840 reconnaissance plots distributed across the Wenatchee National Forest and the southwest portion of the Okanogan National Forest from 1975 through 1994. The hierarchical classification includes 10 forest series and 104 types (plant association or community type). Diagnostic keys and descriptions are presented for each tree series and type. Detailed descriptions are given for each type having at least five sample stands in the Wenatchee NF. Those descriptions include information about plant species occurrences, type distribution, environment and soils, potential timber productivity, management considerations, and relationships to other classifications. Brief descriptions are presented for miscellaneous types (those having fewer than five plots in the Wenatchee NF).
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLillybridge, T.R.; Kovalchik, B.L.; Williams, C.K.; Smith, B.G. 1995. Field guide for forested plant associations of the Wenatchee National Forest. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-359. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 335 p. In cooperation with: Pacific Northwest Region, Wenatchee National Forest
KeywordsVegetation classification, plant community—climax, plant association, vegetation series, forest ecology, forest environment, Cascade Range, community type, Eastern Washington
- Classification and management of aquatic, riparian, and wetland sites on the national forests of eastern Washington: series description.
- Forested plant associations of the Colville National Forest.
- Constancy and cover of plants in the Petersburg and Wrangell Districts, Tongass National Forest and associated private and other public lands, southeast Alaska.
XML: View XML