Skip to Main Content
Advances on the constitutive characterization of composites via multiaxial robotic testing and design optimizationAuthor(s): John G. Michopoulos; John Hermanson; Athanasios Iliopoulos
Source: Book Chapter. In: Advances in Computers and Information in Engineering Research, Volume 1 ASME Press. pp. 73-95.
Publication Series: Book Chapter
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
View PDF (9.0 MB)
DescriptionThe research areas of mutiaxial robotic testing and design optimization have been recently utilized for the purpose of data-driven constitutive characterization of anisotropic material systems. This effort has been enabled by both the progress in the areas of computers and information in engineering as well as the progress in computational automation. Although our efforts have begun three decades ago, in this chapter we are presenting our progress on this synergistic combination of technologies developed in the last five years. Specifically, in this chapter we are reporting on the first successful implementation of our evolving methodology that recently was completed with the first industrial rate campaign of experiments for this purpose. This methodology is motivated by the data-driven requirements of employing design optimization principles for determining the constitutive behavior of composite materials as described in our recent work [1, 2].
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMichopoulos, John G.; Hermanson, John; Iliopoulos, Athanasios. 2014. Advances on the constitutive characterization of composites via multiaxial robotic testing and design optimization. Book Chapter. In: Book Chapter: Advances in Computers and Information in Engineering Research. Volume 1, Chapter 4. ASME Press. pp. 73-95.
- High performance data-driven multiscale inverse constitutive characterization of composites
- Robotic and Multiaxial Testing for the Constitutive Characterization of Composites
- Robotic and Multiaxial Testing for the Determination of the Constitutive Characterization of Composites
XML: View XML