Skip to Main Content
Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014Author(s): Eric A. Simmons; Micah G. Scudder; Todd A. Morgan; Erik C. Berg; Glenn A. Christensen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-942. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 58 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Pacific Northwest Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report traces the flow of Oregon’s 2013 timber harvest through the primary wood products industry and provides detailed description of the structure, timber use, operations, and condition of Oregon’s forest products sector. It is the third in a series of reports that update the status of the industry every 5 years, and is based on a census of timber-using facilities conducted during 2014. Historical forest products industry changes are discussed, as well as trends in harvest, production, mill residue, and sales. Also examined are employment and worker earnings in the state’s primary and secondary forest products industry.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSimmons, Eric A.; Scudder, Micah G.; Morgan, Todd A.; Berg, Erik C.; Christensen, Glenn A. 2016. Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest 2013 with trends through 2014. Gen. Tech. Rep. PNW-GTR-942. Portland, OR: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station. 58 p.
KeywordsWood products, timber harvest, log exports, timber receipts, log flow, timber-processing capacity, lumber overrun, mill residue, employment, forest economics, sawmills.
- Oregon’s forest products industry and timber harvest, 2008: industry trends and impacts of the Great Recession through 2010
- Utilization of Oregon’s timber harvest and associated direct economic effects.
- Oregon's forest products industry and timber harvest, 2003.
XML: View XML