The Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy Actionable Science Plan: U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington D.C.Author(s): Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy Actionable Science Plan Team
Source: Washington D.C.: U.S. Department of the Interior. 128 p.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (10.0 MB)
The Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy (hereafter Strategy, DOI 2015) outlined the need for coordinated, science-based adaptive management to achieve long-term protection, conservation, and restoration of the sagebrush (Artemisia spp.) ecosystem. A key component of this management approach is the identification of knowledge gaps that limit implementation of effective strategies to meet current management challenges. The tasks and actions identified in the Strategy address several broad topics related to management of the sagebrush ecosystem. This science plan is organized around these topics and specifically focuses on fire, invasive plant species and their effects on altering fire regimes, restoration, sagebrush and greater sage-grouse (Centrocercus urophasianus), and climate and weather.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationIntegrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy Actionable Science Plan Team. 2016. The Integrated Rangeland Fire Management Strategy Actionable Science Plan: U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington D.C. 128 p.
Keywordsmanagement, conservation, restoration, sagebrush, Artemisia spp., sage-grouse, Centrocercus urophasianus
- Ecology of greater sage-grouse in the Dakotas
- Sage-grouse habitat restoration symposium
- Restoration handbook for sagebrush steppe ecosystems with emphasis on greater sage-grouse habitat - Part 1
XML: View XML