Nevada's forest resources, 2004-2013Author(s): James Menlove; John D. Shaw; Christopher Witt; Charles Werstak; R. Justin DeRose; Sara A. Goeking; Michael C. Amacher; Todd A. Morgan; Colin B. Sorenson
Source: Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-22. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 167 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (0 B)
This report presents a summary of the most recent inventory information for Nevada’s forest lands. The report includes descriptive highlights and tables of area, number of trees, biomass, volume, growth, mortality, and removals. Most of the tables are organized by forest-type group, species group, diameter class, or ownership. The report also describes inventory design, inventory terminology, and data reliability. Results show that Nevada’s forest land totals 10.6 million acres. Sixty-three percent (6.7 million acres) of this forest land is administered by the Department of Interior’s Bureau of Land Management. Forest types in the pinyon/juniper group cover 8.6 million acres or 81 percent of Nevada’s forest lands, making them the predominant forest type in the State. The woodland hardwoods forest-type group is the second most abundant, comprising 7 percent of Nevada’s forest land. Utah juniper and singleleaf pinyon are the most abundant tree species in Nevada, whether measured by number of trees, volume, or biomass. Net annual growth of all live trees 5.0 inches diameter and greater on Nevada’s forest land totaled 16.3 million cubic feet. Average annual mortality totaled 47.7 million cubic feet.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMenlove, Jim; Shaw, John D.; Witt, Chris; Werstak, Charles E., Jr.; DeRose, R. Justin; Goeking, Sara A.; Amacher, Michael C.; Morgan, Todd A.; Sorenson, Colin B. 2016. Nevada's forest resources, 2004-2013. Resour. Bull. RMRS-RB-22. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 167 p.
KeywordsNevada, forest inventory, field data, trees, biomass, volume, growth, mortality, removals
- Pinyon/juniper woodlands [Chapter 4]
- Biomass of singleleaf pinyon and Utah juniper
- Pinyon-juniper woodlands in Zion National Park, Utah
XML: View XML