Forest resources of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National ForestAuthor(s): Larry T. DeBlander
Source: Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: Other
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (1.0 MB)
The Interior West Resource Inventory, Monitoring, and Evaluation (IWRIME) Program of the USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station (formerly the Intermountain Research Station), as part of its national Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) duties, entered into a cooperative agreement with the Northern Region (Region 1) for the inventory of its National Forests. This report presents the highlights of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest 1997 inventory, using commonly requested variables and summaries. The data could be summarized in other ways for different purposes (see “For further information” on the inside back cover). The information presented in this report is based solely on the IWRIME inventory sample (USDA 1997a). References are available for supplementary documentation and inventory terminology (USDA 2000a). Additional data collected by the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest and used separately or in combination with IWRIME data may produce varying results. Changes on the forest since the time of the inventory have not been incorporated into this report. For example, it is estimated that approximately 2 percent of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest burned during the fire season of 2000 (USDA 2000b).
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
DeBlander, Larry T. 2001. Forest resources of the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. Ogden, UT: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 13 p.
Keywordsforest type, volume, biomass, stand density index, growth, mortality, vegetation
- Stumpage market integration in western national forests
- Forest resources of the Bitterroot National Forest
- Forest resources of the Kootenai National Forest
XML: View XML