Skip to Main Content
Terrestrial Ecological Unit Inventory technical guideAuthor(s): E. Winthers; D. Fallon; J. Haglund; T. DeMeo; G. Nowacki; D. Tart; M. Ferwerda; G. Robertson; A. Gallegos; A. Rorick; D. T. Cleland; W. Robbie
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-GTR-68. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office, Ecosystem Management Coordination Staff. 245 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Washington Office
Download Publication (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThe purpose of this technical guide is to provide specific direction and guidance for conducting Terrestrial Ecological Unit Inventory (TEUI) at the landscape and land-unit scales. TEUI seeks to classify ecological types and map terrestrial ecological units (TEUs) to a consistent standard throughout National Forest System lands. The objectives, policies, and responsibilities for TEUI are contained in Forest Service Manual (FSM) 1940. U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service policy dictates that ecological units be used in natural resource inventory, monitoring, and evaluation; in land management planning; and in making predictions and interpretations for management of National Forest System lands.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWinthers, E.; Fallon, D.; Haglund, J.; DeMeo, T.; Nowacki, G.; Tart, D.; Ferwerda, M.; Robertson, G.; Gallegos, A.; Rorick, A.; Cleland, D. T.; Robbie, W. 2005. Terrestrial Ecological Unit Inventory technical guide. Gen. Tech. Rep. WO-GTR-68. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Washington Office, Ecosystem Management Coordination Staff. 245 p.
KeywordsTerrestrial Ecological Unit Inventory (TEUI), landscape, land-unit scales, terrestrial ecological units (TEUs), inventory, monitoring, management
- Multiple species inventory and monitoring technical guide
- Ecological modeling for forest management in the Shawnee National Forest
- Filling the gap: improving estimates of working tree resources in agricultural landscapes
XML: View XML