Skip to Main Content
New Jersey Forests 2013Author(s): Susan J. Crocker; Charles J. Barnett; Brett J. Butler; Mark A. Hatfield; Cassandra M. Kurtz; Tonya W. Lister; Dacia M. Meneguzzo; Patrick D. Miles; Randall S. Morin; Mark D. Nelson; Ronald J. Piva; Rachel Riemann; James E. Smith; Christopher W. Woodall; William Zipse
Source: Resour. Bull. NRS-109. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 90 p.
Publication Series: Resource Bulletin (RB)
Station: Northern Research Station
View PDF (6.0 MB)
DescriptionThe second full annual inventory of New Jersey’s forests reports more than 2.0 million acres of forest land and 77 tree species. Forest land is dominated by oak/hickory forest types in the north and pitch pine forest types in the south. The volume of growing stock on timberland has been rising since 1956 and currently totals 3.3 billion cubic feet. Average annual net growth of growing stock from 2008 to 2013 was about 65.7 million cubic feet per year. This report includes additional information on forest attributes, land-use change, carbon, timber products, and forest health. The following information is available online at https://doi.org/10.2737/NRS-RB-109: 1) detailed information on forest inventory statistics, methods, and quality assurance of data collection, 2) a glossary of terms, 3) tables that summarize quality assurance, 4) a core set of tabular estimates for a variety of forest resources, and 5) a Microsoft® Access database that represents an archive of data used in this report, with tools that allow users to produce customized estimates.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, Susan J.; Barnett, Charles J.; Butler, Brett J.; Hatfield, Mark A.; Kurtz, Cassandra M.; Lister, Tonya W.; Meneguzzo, Dacia M.; Miles, Patrick D.; Morin, Randall S.; Nelson, Mark D.; Piva, Ronald J.; Riemann, Rachel; Smith, James E.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Zipse, William. 2017. New Jersey Forests 2013. Resour. Bull. NRS-109. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 90 p.
Keywordsinventory, forest statistics, forest land, volume, biomass, carbon, growth, removals, mortality, forest health, New Jersey
XML: View XML