Forests of east Texas, 2015Author(s): Kerry J.W. Dooley
Source: Resource Update FS–107 (revised 2018). . Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
View PDF (831.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in east Texas based on an inventory conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Southern Research Station (SRS) in cooperation with Texas A&M Forest Service. The 254 counties of Texas are consolidated into seven FIA survey units—Southeast (unit 1), Northeast (unit 2), North Central (unit 3), South (unit 4), West Central (unit 5), Northwest (unit 6), and West (unit 7). The estimates presented in this update are limited to east Texas, which is made up of units 1 and 2 with a total of 43 counties (fig. 1). Forest resource estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly (Bechtold and Patterson 2005). The data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA Database on November 1, 2016.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
Dooley, Kerry, J.W. 2017 (revised 2018). Forests of east Texas, 2015. Resource Update FS–107. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p.
- Forests of east Texas, 2016
- Forests of East Texas, 2014
- Texas, 2008 forest inventory and analysis factsheet
XML: View XML