Skip to Main Content
Establishing Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), the introduced egg parasitoid of emerald ash borer, in Michigan ash standsAuthor(s): Toby Petrice; F. William Ravlin; Leah S. Bauer; Therese M. Poland
Source: Newsletter of the Michigan Entomological Society. 61(3/4): 30.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (740.0 KB)
DescriptionThe egg parasitoid Oobius agrili Zhang and Huang (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) is one of four parasitoid species from northeast Asia being released in regions of North America as part of a biological control program to manage the invasive emerald ash borer (EAB), Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) (Bauer et al. 2015). To date, O. agrili has been released in 23 U.S. states and two Canadian provinces. At Michigan study sites where O. agrili was released starting in 2007, average egg parasitism reached up to 40% over a five-year period (Abell et al. 2014).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPetrice, Toby R.; Ravlin, F. William; Bauer, Leah S.; Poland, Therese M. 2016. Establishing Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), the introduced egg parasitoid of emerald ash borer, in Michigan ash stands. Newsletter of the Michigan Entomological Society. 61(3/4): 30.
- Evaluation of recovery and monitoring methods for parasitoids released against emerald ash borer
- An improved method for monitoring parasitism and establishment of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae), an egg parasitoid introduced for biological control of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae) in North America
- Development of methods for the field evaluation of Oobius agrili (Hymenoptera: Encyrtidae) in North America, a newly introduced egg parasitoid of the emerald ash borer (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
XML: View XML