Skip to Main Content
U.S forest products annual market review and prospects, 2012-2016Author(s): James L. Howard; David B. McKeever
Source: FPL-RN-0343. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 11 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: View PDF (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThis report describes the current state and near-term perspective of the U.S. economy supported by general and statistical information on forest products markets in terms of production, trade, consumption, and prices. Market developments are described for sawn softwood, sawn hardwood, softwood log trade, wood-base panels, paper and paperboard, fuelwood, forest products prices, and housing starts. Policy initiatives that can affect domestic markets and international trade in wood products are also discussed in some detail. Data are provided through the end of the year 2014 with estimates for 2015 and forecasts for 2016.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHoward, James L.; McKeever, David B. 2016. U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2012-2016. FPL-RN-0343. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 11 p.
Keywordsproduction, trade, prices, forest products
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects, 2011-2015
- U.S. forest products annual market review and prospects, 2005-2009
- U.S. Forest Products Annual Market Review and Prospects 2010-2014
XML: View XML