Skip to Main Content
Forests of Iowa, 2016Author(s): Mark D. Nelson; Tivon E. Feeley; Cassandra M. Kurtz
Source: Resource Update FS-111. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (405.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Iowa based on inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The cycle length for annual inventory in Iowa 1999-2013, was 5 years. In 2014, NRS-FIA changed to a 7-year inventory cycle, wherein 1/7th (14.3 percent) of the plots will be measured annually until 2020. This report includes inventory years 2011-2016 (2016) with comparisons made to 2007-2011 (2011). The current data consist of 624 field plots on forest land.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNelson, Mark D.; Feeley, Tivon E.; Kurtz, Cassandra M. 2017. Forests of Iowa, 2016. Resource Update FS-111. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
XML: View XML