Skip to Main Content
Forests of Michigan, 2016Author(s): Charles Paulson; Scott A. Pugh
Source: Resource Update FS-113. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
View PDF (414.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in Michigan based on inventories conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Northern Research Station. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. The annual inventory started in 1999. For the 2016 inventory, estimates for current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 6,662 plot samples collected from 2011 to 2016. Change variables, such as net growth, removals, and mortality, are based on 6,076 samples collected in 2006 to 2011 and 2011 to 2016. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005) and O'Connell et al. (2015) for definitions and technical details.
Page 4: information in the Invasive Plant Species section was revised on June 22, 2017.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPaulson, Charles; Pugh, Scott A. 2017. Forests of Michigan, 2016. Resource Update FS-113. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-113.
XML: View XML