Skip to Main Content
Hydrometeorological database for Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: 1955-2000Author(s): Amey Schenck Bailey; James W. Hornbeck; John L. Campbell; Christopher Eagar
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-305. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 36 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Northeastern Research Station
Download Publication (648.13 KB)
DescriptionThe 3,160-ha Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest (HBEF) in New Hampshire has been a prime area of research on forest and stream ecosystems since its establishment by the USDA Forest Service in 1955. Streamflow and precipitation have been measured continuously on the HBEF, and long-term datasets exist for air and soil temperature, snow cover, soil frost, solar radiation, windspeed and direction, and humidity. This information has provided the basis for hundreds of publications by Forest Service and cooperating scientists on numerous aspects of forest hydrology research as part of the ongoing Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. This report updates the tables, methods, watershed descriptions, and other pertinent data in ?Thirty Years of Hydrometeorological Data at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, New Hampshire? (General Technical Report NE-141).
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBailey, Amey Schenck; Hornbeck, James W.; Campbell, John L.; Eagar, Christopher. 2003. Hydrometeorological database for Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: 1955-2000. Gen. Tech. Rep. NE-305. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northeastern Research Station. 36 p.
KeywordsStreamflow, precipitation, watershed studies, air temperature, continuous measurements
- Past and future effects of atmospheric deposition on the forest ecosystem at the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest: simulations with the dynamic model ForSAFE
- Comparisons with results from the Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest in the Northern Appalachians
- Snow and frost measurements in a watershed-management research program
XML: View XML