Skip to Main Content
Two new species of Aleurodiscus s.l. (Russulales, Basidiomycota) on bamboo from tropicsAuthor(s): Li-Dan Dai; Sheng-Hua Wu; Karen K. Nakasone; Harold H. Burdsall; Shuang-Hui He
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionAleurodiscus tenuissimus and A. tropicus, on dead bamboo, are new species from tropical Asia. Both species have effused basidiocarps and simple-septate generative hyphae. Aleurodiscus tenuissimus, from southern China, lacks acanthophyses and possesses echinulate basidiospores, whereas A. tropicus, from southern China and Vietnam, has abundant acanthophyses and smooth basidiospores. Phylogenetic analyses of the nuc rDNA internal transcribed spacer region sequences (ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 = ITS) support the recognition of the taxa as distinct. The new species are described and illustrated, and a worldwide key to six species of Aleurodiscus on bamboo is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationDai, Li-Dan; Wu, Sheng-Hua; Nakasone, Karen K.; Burdsall, Harold H.; He, Shuang-Hui. 2017.Two new species of Aleurodiscus s.l. (Russulales, Basidiomycota) on bamboo from tropics. Mycoscience. 58(3): 213-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.myc.2017.02.001.
KeywordsBambusicolous fungi, Corticioid fungi, Stereaceae, Taxonomy
- Effect of fabricated density and bamboo species on physical-mechanical properties of bamboo fiber bundle reinforced composites
- Important properties of bamboo pellets to be used as commercial solid fuel in China
- Comparative Properties of Bamboo and Rice Straw Pellets
XML: View XML