Skip to Main Content
United States housing, third quarter 2013Author(s): Delton Alderman
Source: Research Note, FPL-RN-0344. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture. Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 15 p.
Publication Series: Research Note (RN)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
PDF: Download Publication (752.0 KB)
DescriptionThe U.S. housing construction market’s third quarter was subdued, as all sectors moderated or declined. Once again, consensus expectations were for aggregate housing market gains, and these expectations were not realized. Overall starts, housing under construction, and completion data indicated quarterly improvement. Viewed from a recent his¬torical context, all housing construction subsectors exceeded the record lows observed in the 2008 to 2011 time period.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationAlderman, Delton. 2017. United States housing, third quarter 2013. Research Note, FPL-RN-0344. Madison, WI: U.S. Department of Agriculture. Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory. 15 p.
KeywordsHousing permits, starts, under construction, completions, construction spending, quarterly and annual construction averages, nominal and inflation adjusted construction spending, housing and gross domestic product
- United States housing, fourth quarter 2013
- United States housing, second quarter 2013
- United States housing brief, April 2018
XML: View XML