Skip to Main Content
The Crossett Story, Revised: Updating a Forestry ClassicAuthor(s): Don C. Bragg; James M. Guldin; Michael G. Shelton
Source: In: Proceedings, 2002 Society of American Foresters National Convention, October 5-9, 2002, Winston-Salem, NC. SAF Publication #03-01, Society of American Foresters, Published in 2003, no editor(s) listed. 366 pgs.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: Download Publication (132 KB)
DescriptionAbstract: The Crossett Story slide show was developed in 1980 to detail the history of logging, field forestry, and research centered on the USDA Forest Service's Crossett Experimental Forest (CEF). However, science and technology have advanced considerably over the last several decades and the regulatory environment has changed, making an update of the Crossett Story inevitable. The original slide show involved a montage of historical photographs, recent images, and commentary from Russ Reynolds. Using desktop computers, scanners, audio and video editing software, and an expanded selection of photographs and research, we updated the Crossett Story to a series of digital formats, providing CD-, DVD-, and internet-based delivery mechanisms with captioning capabilities.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBragg, Don C.; Guldin, James M.; Shelton, Michael G. 2003. The Crossett Story, Revised: Updating a Forestry Classic. In: Proceedings, 2002 Society of American Foresters National Convention, October 5-9, 2002, Winston-Salem, NC. SAF Publication #03-01, Society of American Foresters, Published in 2003, no editor(s) listed. 366 pgs.
KeywordsCrossett Experimental Forest, Arkansas, digital update, ADA, DVD
- The early mills, railroads, and logging camps of the Crossett Lumber Company
- The Crossett Story: The Beginning of Forestry in Southern Arkansas and Northern Louisiana
- Predicting landslides related to clearcut logging, northwestern California, U.S.A.
XML: View XML