Skip to Main Content
Forest Service Global Change Research Strategy, 2009-2019 Implementation PlanAuthor(s): Allen Solomon; Richard A. Birdsey; Linda A. Joyce
Source: FS-948. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 68 p.
Publication Series: Other
PDF: Download Publication (41.0 MB)
DescriptionIn keeping with the research goals of the U.S. Global Change Research Program, the climate change strategy of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), and the climate change framework of the Forest Service, this Forest Service Global Change Research Strategy, 2009-2019 Implementation Plan (hereafter called the Research Plan), was written by Forest Service Research and Development to help to define climate change policy and support best management practices for forests and woodlands (both rural and urban), grasslands, and their associated aquatic ecosystems (riparian systems, lakes, streams). The actions the Research Plan identifies will provide the scientific basis to sustain ecosystem health, adjust management for ecosystem services ("adaptation") and increase carbon sequestration ("mitigation"), all under changing climate conditions. The fundamental research focus of the Research Plan is to increase scientists' understanding of forest, woodland, and grassland ecosystems so that land managers can manage them in a way that sustains and provides ecosystem services for future generations.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSolomon, Allen; Birdsey, Richard A.; Joyce, Linda A. 2010. Forest Service Global Change Research Strategy, 2009-2019 Implementation Plan. FS-948. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. 68 p.
Keywordsclimate change, ecosystem health, ecosystem services, increase carbon sequestration
- Forest Service Global Change Research Strategy, 2009-2019
- Southern Research Station Global Change Research Strategy 2011-2019
- Can we store carbon and have our timber and habitat too?
XML: View XML