Skip to Main Content
National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2002Author(s): L.E. Riley; R.K. Dumroese; T.D. Landis
Source: Ogden, UT: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Proceedings RMRS-P-28. 187 p.
Publication Series: Proceedings (P)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
PDF: View PDF (5.5 MB)
DescriptionThis proceedings is a compilation of 33 papers that were presented at the regional meetings of the forest and conservation nursery associations in the United States in 2002. The joint meeting of the Southern Forest Nursery Association and the Northeastern Forest and Conservation Nursery Association was held at the DoubleTree Hotel and Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida on July 15 to 18. The meeting was hosted by the Florida Division of Forestry, Andrews Nursery. In addition to technical sessions, tours included Andrews Nursery and Stansel Farm & Nursery. The combined meeting of the Western Forest and Conservation Nursery Association and the Forest Nursery Association of British Columbia occurred August 5 to 8 at the WestCoast Hotel in Olympia, Washington. The meeting was hosted by the Washington Department of Natural Resources, Webster Forest Nursery. Morning technical sessions were followed by field trips to Webster Nursery and the Weyerhaeuser Bonsai Garden. Subject matter for both sessions included seed transfer, collection, and processing; pest problems and pesticide use; nursery culturing; transplanting; harvesting, storage, and outplanting.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationRiley, L.E.; Dumroese, R.K.; Landis, T.D. 2002. National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2002. Ogden, UT: USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. Proceedings RMRS-P-28. 187 p.
KeywordsBareroot nursery, container nursery, nursery practices, fertilization, pesticides, seeds, reforestation, restoration, plant propagation, native plants, tree physiology
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations-2005
- National Proceedings: Forest and Conservation Nursery Associations - 2013
- National proceedings: forest and conservation nursery associations-1999, 2000, and 2001
XML: View XML