Skip to Main Content
Wisconsin timber industry, 2013Author(s): David E. Haugen
Source: Resource Update FS-125. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (645.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of timber product output (TPO) and use in Wisconsin based on questionnaires designed to determine the size and composition of the State's primary wood-using industry, its use of roundwood, and its generation and disposition of wood residues. This study was a cooperative effort between the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WI-DNR) and the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program at the Northern Research Station (NRS) of the USDA Forest Service. The WI-DNR surveyed all known primary wood-using mills and FIA processed and analyzed the survey responses. This update presents results from the 2013 survey with comparisons to the 2008 survey. The data were accessed from the FIA database in June 2016. Certain terms used in this report—retained, export, import, production, and receipts—have specialized meanings and relationships unique to the FIA program that surveys timber product output (Fig. 1). A complete set of inventory tables is available at https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-125.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationHaugen, David E. 2017. Wisconsin timber industry, 2013. Resource Update FS-125. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 5 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-125
XML: View XML