Skip to Main Content
Human influences on forest ecosystems: the southern wildland-urban interface assessment: summary reportAuthor(s): Edward A. Macie; L. Annie Hermansen
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-64. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 13 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
Download Publication (52.0 MB)
DescriptionThis summary report synthesizes the findings contained in the Southern Wildland-Urban Interface Assessment (General Technical Report SRS-55). The Assessment provides a review of critical wildland-urban interface issues, challenges, and needs for the Southern United States. Topics include population and demographic trends, economic and tax issues, land use planning and policy issues, urban influences on forest ecosystems, challenges for forest resource management and conservation, social issues, and themes and research needs for the wildland-urban interface.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMacie, Edward A.; Hermansen, L. Annie. 2003. Human influences on forest ecosystems: the southern wildland-urban interface assessment: summary report. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-64. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 13 p.
KeywordsDemographics, economics, fire, forest ecology, land-use planning, natural resource management, public policy, taxation, urbanization, wildland- urban interface
- Human influences on forest ecosystems: the southern wildland-urban interface assessment
- Understanding Broadscale Wildfire Risks in a Human-Dominated Landscape
- Biotic and abiotic effects of human settlements in the wildland-urban interface
XML: View XML