Skip to Main Content
A Genetic Linkage Map of Longleaf Pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) Based on Random Amplified Polymorphic DNAsAuthor(s): C.D. Nelson; Thomas L. Kubisiak; M. Stine; W.L. Nance
Source: Journal of Heredity 1994;85:433-439
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (252 KB)
DescriptionEight megagametophyte DNA samples from a single longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) tree were used to screen 576 oligonucleotide primers for random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) fragments. Primers amplifying repeatable polymorphic fragments were further characterized within a sample of 72 megagametophytes from the same tree. Fragments segregating in a l:1, present-to-absent, ratio were classified as Mendelian markers and mapped using multipoint linkage analysis. The analysis revealed 16 linkage groups of at least three markers, ranging in size from 21.1 to 185.6 cM, and six linked pairs (5.5 to 23.0 cM) of markers. The 22 groups and pairs included 133 RAPD markers and covered approximately 1,635 cM of genetic map distance. Genome size estimates, based on the linkage data, ranged from 2,612 to 2,656 cM. Using a 30-cM map scale and including the 11 unlinked markers and the ends of the 16 linkage groups and six linked pairs, the set of RAPD markers accounts for approximately 2,265 cM, or 85% of the genome.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationNelson, C.D.; Kubisiak, Thomas L.; Stine, M.; Nance, W.L. 1994. A Genetic Linkage Map of Longleaf Pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) Based on Random Amplified Polymorphic DNAs. Journal of Heredity 1994;85:433-439
- RAPD linkage mapping in a longleaf pine × slash pine F1 family
- Scar markers in a longleaf pine x slash pine F1 family
- Mapping quantitative trait loci controlling early growth in a (longleaf pine × slash pine) × slash pine BC1 family
XML: View XML