Skip to Main Content
A composite generator film impregnated with cellulose nanocrystals for enhanced triboelectric performanceAuthor(s): Jun Peng; Huilong Zhang; Qifeng Zheng; Craig M. Clemons; Ronald C. Sabo; Shaoqin Gong; Zhenqiang Ma; Lih-Sheng Turng
Source: Nanoscale. 9(4): 1428-1433.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionA novel polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)/cellulose nanocrystal flake (CNCF) composite triboelectric nanogenerator (CTG) using CNCFs as effective dielectrics a 10-times-enhanced triboelectric performance compared with its pure PDMS counterpart. Positive charges generated on the surface of the CNCFs during cyclic compression boosted electron transfer and induced extra charges. The CTG exhibited an instantaneous output power (density) of 1.65 mW (0.76 mW cm-2) under continuous operation.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPeng, Jun; Zhang, Huilong; Zheng, Qifeng; Clemons, Craig M.; Sabo, Ronald C.; Gong, Shaoqin; Ma, Zhenqiang; Turng, Lih-Sheng. 2017. A composite generator film impregnated with cellulose nanocrystals for enhanced triboelectric performance. Nanoscale. 9(4): 1428-1433.
KeywordsTriboelectric nanogenerator, cellulose nanocrystals, composite, electron exchange mechanism
- Molecular weight profiles of proanthocyanidin polymers
- Understanding the effects of lignosulfonate on enzymatic saccharification of pure cellulose
- Lignosulfonate To Enhance Enzymatic Saccharification of Lignocelluloses: Role of Molecular Weight and Substrate Lignin
XML: View XML