Skip to Main Content
Mapping quantitative trait loci controlling early growth in a (longleaf pine × slash pine) × slash pine BC1 familyAuthor(s): C. Weng; Thomas L. Kubisiak; C. Dana Nelson; M. Stine
Source: Theor Appl Genet (2002) 104:852-859
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (322 KB)
DescriptionRandom amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) markers were employed to map the genome and quantitative trait loci controlling the early growth of a pine hybrid F1 tree (Pinus palustris Mill. × P. elliottii Engl.) and a recurrent slash pine tree (P. ellottii Engl.) in a (longleaf pine × slash pine) × slash pine BC1 family consisting of 258 progeny. Of the 150 hybrid F1 parent-specific RAPD markers, 133 were mapped into 17 linkage groups covering a genetic distance of 1,338.2 cM. Of the 116 slash pine parent-specific RAPD markers, 83 were mapped into 19 linkage groups covering a genetic distance of 994.6 cM. A total of 11 different marker intervals were found to be significantly associated with 13 of the 20 traits on height and diameter growth using MAPMAKER/QTL. Nine of the eleven marker intervals were unique to the hybrid parent 488 genome, and two were unique to the recurrent parent 18-27 genome. The amount of phenotypic variance explained by the putative QTLs ranged from 3.6% to 11.0%. Different QTLs were detected at different ages. Two marker intervals from the hybrid parent 488 were found to have QTL by environment interactions.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWeng, C.; Kubisiak, Thomas L.; Nelson, C. Dana.; Stine, M. 2002. Mapping quantitative trait loci controlling early growth in a (longleaf pine × slash pine) × slash pine BC1 family. Theor Appl Genet (2002) 104:852-859
KeywordsPinus palustris, Pinus elliottii, QTLs, Random amplified polymorphic DNAs, Early height growth
- RAPD linkage mapping in a longleaf pine × slash pine F1 family
- Genetic recombinational and physical linkage analyses on slash pine
- Comparison of Maximum Likelihood Estimation Approach and Regression Approach in Detecting Quantitative Trait Lco Using RAPD Markers
XML: View XML