Skip to Main Content
Forests of New Jersey, 2016Author(s): Susan J. Crocker; Greg C. Liknes
Source: Resource Update FS-135. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
View PDF (666.0 KB)
DescriptionThis publication provides an overview of forest resources in New Jersey following an inventory by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis program (FIA), Northern Research Station (NRS). Estimates are derived from field data collected using an annualized sample design and are updated yearly. Beginning in 2014, NRS-FIA switched to a 7-year cycle length. For the 2016 inventory, estimates of current variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 1,091 plots measured in 2011-2016. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 733 plots measured in 2006-2011 and resampled in 2011-2016. Estimates from earlier annual and periodic inventories are shown for comparison. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005), O'Connell et al. (2014), Gormanson et al. (2017) for definitions and technical details. A complete set of inventory tables is available at https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-135
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, Susan J.; Liknes, Greg C. 2017. Forests of New Jersey, 2016. Resource Update FS-135. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-135.
XML: View XML