Skip to Main Content
Development of Analytical Methods for Escort Herbicide in Forest Environment SamplesAuthor(s): Joseph Fischer; Jerry Michael
Source: In: Proceedings of the Symposium on Current Research in the Chemical Sciences Third Annual Southern Station Chemical Sciences Meeting, 1990 February 7-8; Alexandria, LA: 69-76.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous Publication
PDF: View PDF (144 KB)
DescriptionThe USDA Forest Service laboratory in Auburn, Alabama, is engaged in research to determine the environmental fate and ecosystem inipadts of forestry herbicides. Much of the effort is associated with the conduct of field dissipation studies in which herbicides are applied to forest sites and then monitored over time in a variety of environmental matrices (soil, water, and plant tissue). While some methodology does exist for both sampling and analytical procedures, the available methods have often been developed in an ideal laboratory setting and are not directly suitable for forest environmental samples. Often, new methods must be developed to solve site-specific problems. This paper presents work completed to date on soil and water method deveiopmerit for a relatively new forestry herbicide, Escort.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationFischer, Joseph; Michael, Jerry. 1990. Development of Analytical Methods for Escort Herbicide in Forest Environment Samples. In: Proceedings of the Symposium on Current Research in the Chemical Sciences Third Annual Southern Station Chemical Sciences Meeting, 1990 February 7-8; Alexandria, LA: 69-76.
- Fate and Transport of Forestry Herbicides in the South: Research Knowledge and Needs
- Forest Herbicide Washoff From Foliar Applications
- Aquatic fate of aerially applied hexazinone and terbuthylazine in a New Zealand planted forest
XML: View XML