Proceeding of the 2017 Forest vegetation simulator (FVS) e-ConferenceAuthor(s): Chad E. Keyser; Tara L. Keyser
Source: e-Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-224. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 200 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (23.0 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest Vegetation Simulator (FVS) is a forest dynamics modeling system with geographic variants covering forested areas of the contiguous United States. As a direct descendant of the Prognosis model of the 1970/80s, FVS has seen continuous development and use for over 40 years. The 2017 FVS e-Conference, the fifth in a series of quinquennial conferences, was a virtual event held February 28–March 2, 2017. It was dedicated to bringing together developers and users of FVS and had an overall goal of providing the medium to share our experiences, our lessons learned, our triumphs, and our failures. The 3 days included 40 presentations on FVS modernization, new variant development, linkages to other models, computational methods, regeneration modeling, model evaluation, integration with inventory systems, and project analyses. This conference proceedings contains 33 extended abstracts and papers.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationKeyser, Chad E.; Keyser, Tara L. eds. 2017. Proceeding of the 2017 Forest vegetation simulator (FVS) e-Conference. e-Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-224. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 200 p.
KeywordsEconomics, forest health, forest management, forest prediction models, growth and yield modeling, landscape dynamics, model validation and evaluation, regeneration, vegetation dynamics, wildlife habitat.
- Development of FVSOntario: A Forest Vegetation Simulator Variant and application software for Ontario
- Development of full regeneration establishment models for the forest vegetation simulator
- Third Forest Vegetation Simulator Conference; 2007 February 13-15; Fort Collins, CO
XML: View XML