Skip to Main Content
Temporal optimisation of fuel treatment design in blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) plantationsAuthor(s): Ana Martin; Brigite Botequim; Tiago M. Oliveira; Alan Ager; Francesco Pirotti
Source: Forest Systems. 25(2): eRC09.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (2.0 MB)
DescriptionThis study was conducted to support fire and forest management planning in eucalypt plantations based on economic, ecological and fire prevention criteria, with a focus on strategic prioritisation of fuel treatments over time. The central objective was to strategically locate fuel treatments to minimise losses from wildfire while meeting budget constraints and demands for wood supply for the pulp industry and conserving carbon.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
CitationMartin, Ana; Botequim, Brigite; Oliveira, Tiago M.; Ager, Alan; Pirotti, Francesco. 2016. Temporal optimisation of fuel treatment design in blue gum (Eucalyptus globulus) plantations. Forest Systems. 25(2): eRC09.
KeywordsEucalypt plantations, fire hazard, FlamMap, fuel treatment optimization, Landscape Treatment Designer, wildfire risk management
- Growth and yield in Eucalyptus globulus
- Biomass and nutrient mass of Acacia dealbata and Eucalyptus globulus bioenergy plantations
- Managing for water-use efficient wood production in Eucalyptus globulus plantations
XML: View XML