Skip to Main Content
Tylopilus aquarius, comb. et stat. nov., and its new variety from BrazilAuthor(s): Anderlechi Barbosa-Silva; Clark L. Ovrebo; Beatriz Ortiz-Santana; Mariana C.A. Sá; Marcelo A. Sulzbacher; Melanie Roy; Felipe Wartchow
Source: Sydowia. 69: 115-122.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (5.0 MB)
DescriptionWe propose the new species and new combination, Tylopilus aquarius var. aquarius, by elevating T. potamogeton v. aquarius to species level. We also describe a new variety, T. aquarius var. megistus, from the Atlantic Forest states Paraiba and Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil, that produces larger, robust basidiomata and smaller basidiospores as compared to T. aquarius var. aquarius.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationBarbosa-Silva, Anderlechi; Ovrebo, Clark L.; Ortiz-Santana, Beatriz; Sá, Mariana C.A.; Sulzbacher, Marcelo A.; Roy, Melanie; Wartchow, Felipe. 2017. Tylopilus aquarius, comb. et stat. nov., and its new variety from Brazil. Sydowia. 69: 115-122.
KeywordsAgaricomycetes, Boletaceae, Boletales, Neotropics, taxonomy
- New North American truffles (Tuber spp.) and their ectomycorrhizal associations
- Distribution and taxonomic discussion of Tetraneuris verdiensis, an apparently rare edaphic endemic from the Verde Valley of Arizona
- Tuber aztecorum sp. nov., a truffle species from Mexico belonging to the Maculatum clade (Tuberaceae, Pezizales)
XML: View XML