Skip to Main Content
Recent development and advances in survey and detection tools for emerald ash borerAuthor(s): Therese M. Poland; Deborah G. McCullough; Taylor Scarr; Joseph Francese; Damon Crook; Michael Domingue; Harold Thistle; Brian Strom; Laura Blackburn; Daniel A. Herms; Krista Ryall; Patrick Tobin
Source: In: McManus, Katherine A., comp. 27th USDA interagency research forum on invasive species; 2016 January 12-15; Annapolis, MD. FHTET-2016-09. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 17-20.
Publication Series: Miscellaneous
Station: Northern Research Station
PDF: View PDF (364.0 KB)
DescriptionThe emerald ash borer (EAB, Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire) has killed hundreds of millions of ash trees since it was discovered near Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario in 2002 (www.emeraldashborer. info 2016) and continues to spread in North America. Canadian and U.S. federal, provincial, and state regulatory agencies have used artificial traps and lures in surveys to detect new infestations since 2008. Traps used in detection surveys have evolved over the years, and several different trap designs and lures have been tested in research studies.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPoland, Therese M.; McCullough, Deborah G.; Scarr, Taylor; Francese, Joseph; Crook, Damon; Domingue, Michael; Thistle, Harold; Strom, Brian; Blackburn, Laura; Herms, Daniel A.; Ryall, Krista; Tobin, Patrick. 2016. Recent development and advances in survey and detection tools for emerald ash borer. In: McManus, Katherine A., comp. 27th USDA interagency research forum on invasive species; 2016 January 12-15; Annapolis, MD. FHTET-2016-09. Morgantown, WV: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Forest Health Technology Enterprise Team: 17-20.
- Double-deckers and towers: emerald ash borer traps in 2007
- Evaluation of double-decker traps for emerald ash borer (Coleoptera:Buprestidae)
- Development of a host-based semiochemical lure for trapping emerald ash borer (Agrilus planipennis (Coleoptera: Buprestidae)
XML: View XML