Forests of U.S.Virgin Islands, 2014Author(s): Humfredo Marcano-Vega; Joe R. Williamson
Source: Resource Update FS–144. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (955.0 KB)
This resource update provides a short overview of the status of forest resources in the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. John, and St. Thomas) based on the third forest inventory funded and conducted by the U.S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program of the Southern Research Station and by the International Institute of Tropical Forestry. Data estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design for the measurement year 2014 with comparisons made to data collected in 2009 and 2004. The sample plot population presented here for the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI) consists of 106 plots (54 plots for St. Croix, 23 plots for St. John, and 29 plots for St. Thomas), collected across a period of 1 year. The data used in this publication were accessed from the FIA Database at http://fia.fs.fed.us/tools-data/ on May 2017.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationMarcano-Vega, Humfredo; Williamson, Joe R. 2017. Forests of U.S. Virgin Islands, 2014. Resource Update FS–144. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-144.
- U.S. Virgin Islands’ Forests, 2009
- Roystonea O.F. Cook
- The status of U.S. Virgin Islands' forests, 2004
XML: View XML