Skip to Main Content
DNA barcoding of vouchered xylarium wood specimens of nine endangered Dalbergia speciesAuthor(s): Min Yu; Lichao Jiao; Juan Guo; Alex C. Wiedenhoeft; Tuo He; Xiaomei Jiang; Yafang Yin
Source: Planta. 246(6): 1165-1176.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Forest Products Laboratory
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionITS2+trnH-psbA was the best combination of DNA barcode to resolve the Dalbergia wood species studied. We demonstrate the feasibility of building a DNA barcode reference database using xylarium wood specimens.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationYu, Min; Jiao, Lichao; Guo, Juan; Wiedenhoeft, Alex C.; He, Tuo; Jiang, Xiaomei; Yin, Yafang. 2017. DNA barcoding of vouchered Xylarium wood specimens of nine endangered Dalbergia species. Planta. 246(6): 1165-1176.
KeywordsDNA barcode reference database, ITS2, trnH-psbA, CITES, forensic wood identification, illegal logging
- Separation of Dalbergia nigra from Dalbergia spruceana
- Species verification of Dalbergia nigra and Dalbergia spruceana samples in the wood collection of the Forest Products Laboratory
- Separation of Dalbergia stevensonii from Dalbergia tucurensis
XML: View XML