Skip to Main Content
Phylogeny and taxonomy of Echinodontium and related generaAuthor(s): Shi-Liang Liu; Yan Zhao; Yu-Cheng Dai; Karen K. Nakasone; Shuang-Hui He
Source: Mycologia. 109(4): 568-577.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe phylogenetic relationship of eight species of Echinodontium, Laurilia, and Perplexostereum of Russulales were analyzed based on sequences of the nuc rDNA ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 (ITS [internal transcribed spacer]) and D1–D2 domains of nuc 28S rDNA (28S). Our results show that Echinodontium tinctorium, E. ryvardenii, and E. tsugicola represent Echinodontium sensu stricto. Based on morphological and phylogenetic evidence, the new genus Echinodontiellum is established to accommodate Echinodontium japonicum. Amylostereum, Echinodontium, Echinodontiellum, and Larssoniporia form the Echinodontiaceae clade. The Bondarzewiaceae clade includes Bondarzewia, Heterobasidion, Laurilia, and Lauriliella. The new genus Lauriliella is established for the species initially described as Stereum taxodii and Lauriliella taiwanensis new to science. The monotypic genus Perplexostereum forms a distinct clade. A key to the genera in the Echinodontiaceae and Bondarzewiaceae as well to Perplexostereum is provided.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiu, Shi-Liang; Zhao, Yan; Dai, Yu-Cheng; Nakasone, Karen K.; He, Shuang-Hui. 2017. Phylogeny and taxonomy of Echinodontium and related genera. Mycologia. 109(4): 568-577.
KeywordsBondarzewiaceae, Echinodontiaceae, Echinodontiellum, Laurilia, Lauriliella
- Coniophoropsis bambusicola sp. nov. (Coniophoraceae, Basidiomycota) from southern Vietnam
- Taxonomy and phylogeny of Lopharia s.s., Dendrodontia, Dentocorticium and Fuscocerrena (Basidiomycota, Polyporales)
- A discussion on the genus Fomitiporella (Hymenochaetaceae, Hymenochaetales) and first record of F. americana from southern South America
XML: View XML