Alabama’s timber industry—timber product output and use, 2015Author(s): David J. Wall; James W. Bentley; Jason A. Cooper; James A. Gray
Source: e-Science Update SRS–132. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
Publication Series: Science Update
Station: Southern Research Station
PDF: Download Publication (818.0 KB)
This science update contains the findings of a 2015 canvass of all primary wood-using plants in Alabama, and presents changes in product output and residue use since 2013. It complements the Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) annual inventory of volume and removals from the State’s timberland. The canvass was con-ducted to determine the amount and source of wood receipts and annual timber product drain, by county, in 2015 and to determine interstate and cross-regional movement of industrial roundwood. Only primary wood-using mills were canvassed. Primary mills are those that process roundwood in log or bolt form or as chipped roundwood. Examples of industrial roundwood products are saw logs, pulpwood, veneer logs, poles, and logs used for composite board products. Mills producing products from residues generated at primary and secondary processors were not canvassed. Trees chipped in the woods were included in the estimate of timber drain only if they were delivered to a primary domestic manufacturer.
- You may send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationWall, David J.; Bentley, James W.; Cooper, Jason A.; Gray, James A. 2017. Alabama’s timber industry—timber product output and use, 2015. e-Science Update SRS–132. Asheville, NC: U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service, Southern Research Station. 6 p.
- South Carolina’s timber industry-timber product output and use, 2015
- Oklahoma’s timber industry-timber product output and use, 2015
- Mississippi’s timber industry-timber product output and use, 2015
XML: View XML