Skip to Main Content
Forest Service programs, authorities, and relationships: A technical document supporting the 2000 USDA Forest Service RPA AssessmentAuthor(s): Ervin G. Schuster; Michael A. Krebs
Source: Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-112. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 88 p.
Publication Series: General Technical Report (GTR)
Station: Rocky Mountain Research Station
View PDF (3.7 MB)
DescriptionThe Forest and Rangeland Renewable Resources Planning Act (RPA) of 1974, as amended, directs the Forest Service to prepare and update a renewable resources assessment that would include "a description of Forest Service programs and responsibilities , their interrelationships, and the relationship of these programs and responsibilities to public and private activities." The first description was part of the RPA Assessment document in 1979. The second was published as an independent support document in 1989. This third description is organized around major Forest Service programs within the National Forest System, State and Private Forestry, and Research and Development. Programs and responsibilities within International Programs, Law Enforcement and Investigations, Capital Improvement and Maintenance, along with Senior, Youth, and Volunteer Programs, are also discussed. Each section discusses major program areas, legal authorizations, administrative and organizational considerations, and relationships within the Forest Service and with outside organizations. A listing of major legislative authorities is provided.
- You may send email to email@example.com to request a hard copy of this publication.
- (Please specify exactly which publication you are requesting and your mailing address.)
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationSchuster, Ervin G.; Krebs, Michael A. 2003. Forest Service programs, authorities, and relationships: A technical document supporting the 2000 USDA Forest Service RPA Assessment. Gen. Tech. Rep. RMRS-GTR-112. Fort Collins, CO: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Research Station. 88 p.
KeywordsRenewable Resources Planning Act, RPA Assessment, renewable resources, Forest Service Strategic Plan, stewardship, sustainable resource management
- An analysis of the timber situation in the United States: 1989-2040
- Wildlife population and harvest trends in the United States: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
- Wildlife-associated recreation trends in the United States: a technical document supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment
XML: View XML