Skip to Main Content
Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of wheel wingnut (Cyclocarya paliurus), an endemic in ChinaAuthor(s): Yiheng Hu; Jing Yan; Xiaojia Feng; Meng Dang; Keith E. Woeste; Peng Zhao
Source: Conservation Genetics Resources. 9(2): 273-275.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (1.0 MB)
DescriptionThe wheel wingnut (Cyclocarya paliurus) is an endemic species distributed in eastern and central China. Cyclocarya is a woody genus in the Juglandaceae used in medicine and horticulture. The complete chloroplast genome of C. paliurus was sequenced using the Illumina Hiseq 2500 platform. The total genome length was 160,562 bp comprised of a large single copy (LSC) region of 90,007 bp, an inverted region A (IRa) of 26,039 bp, a short single copy (SSC) region of 18,477 bp, and an inverted region B (IRb) region of 26,039 bp. The genome consisted of 137 annotation genes, with 80 unique coding regions and nine coding regions which were repeated in the inverted region. Among these, 40 unique tRNAs with nine duplications, and 4 rRNAs were all duplicated in the IR region. An analysis of chloroplast phylogeny strongly supported the placement of C. paliurus near to Juglans regia.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
CitationHu, Yiheng; Yan, Jing; Feng, Xiaojia; Dang, Meng; Woeste, Keith E.; Zhao, Peng. 2017. Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of wheel wingnut (Cyclocarya paliurus), an endemic in China. Conservation Genetics Resources. 9(2): 273-275.
KeywordsWheel wingnut, Illumina sequencing, Complete chloroplast genome, Phylogenetic
- Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of the endangered species Carya sinensis (Juglandaceae)
- Characterization of the complete chloroplast genome of Platycarya strobilacea (Juglandaceae)
- The complete chloroplast genome of common walnut (Juglans regia)
XML: View XML