Skip to Main Content
Forests of Illinois, 2017Author(s): Susan J. Crocker
Source: Resource Update FS-147. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
Download Publication (734.0 KB)
DescriptionThis update provides an overview of forest resources in Illinois following an inventory by the USDA Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis program, Northern Research Station. Estimates are derived from field data collected using an annualized sample design. Current variable estimates such as area and volume are based on 5,994 (1,046 forested) plots measured in 2011–2017. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 5,914 (964 forested) plots measured in 2005–2011 and resampled in 2011–2017. See Bechtold and Patterson (2005), O'Connell et al. (2014), Gormanson et al. (2017) for more details.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationCrocker, Susan J. 2018. Forests of Illinois, 2017. Resource Update FS-147. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-147
XML: View XML