Skip to Main Content
Due to a lapse in federal funding, this USDA website will not be actively updated. Once funding has been reestablished, online operations will continue.
Forests of North Dakota, 2017Author(s): Charles S. Paulson
Source: Resource Update FS-149. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p.
Publication Series: Resource Update (RU)
View PDF (623.0 KB)
DescriptionThis resource update provides an overview of forest resources in North Dakota based on an inventory conducted by the USDA Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program within the Northern Research Station in cooperation with the North Dakota Forest Service. Estimates are based on field data collected using the FIA annualized sample design and are updated yearly. Information about the national and regional FIA program is available at http://fia.fs.fed.us. For the 2017 inventory, estimates for variables such as area, volume, and biomass are based on 7,598 samples (204 forested) collected from 2012–2017. Change variables such as net growth, removals, and mortality are based on 7,588 samples (196 forested) collected in 2007–2012 and 2012–2017.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, email@example.com if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationPaulson, Charles S. 2018. Forests of North Dakota, 2017. Resource Update FS-149. Newtown Square, PA: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Northern Research Station. 4 p. https://doi.org/10.2737/FS-RU-149.
XML: View XML