Skip to Main Content
Taxonomy and phylogeny of Lopharia s.s., Dendrodontia, Dentocorticium and Fuscocerrena (Basidiomycota, Polyporales)Author(s): Shi-Liang Liu; Karen K. Nakasone; Sheng-Hua Wu; Shuang-Hui He; Yu-Cheng Dai
Source: MycoKeys. 32: 25-48.
Publication Series: Scientific Journal (JRNL)
Station: Northern Research Station
Download Publication (4.0 MB)
DescriptionEleven taxa of Lopharia s.s., Dendrodontia, Dentocorticium and Fuscocerrena in Polyporales are included in the phylogenetic analyses of nuc rDNA ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 (ITS), D1-D2 domains of nuc 28S rDNA (28S) and RNA polymerase II second-largest subunit (rpb2) sequences. New species Lopharia resupinata and L. sinensis are described and illustrated. Lopharia resupinata, from south-eastern China, is closely related to L. ayresii, and L. sinensis, from northern China, is related to L. cinerascens and L. mirabilis. Lopharia mirabilis specimens from temperate to tropical areas with varied hymenophore configurations all cluster together in a fully supported clade. Dendrodontia and Fuscocerrena are shown to be synonyms of Dentocorticium, which is phylogenetically related to Lopharia. Four new combinations, Dentocorticium bicolor, D. hyphopaxillosum, D. portoricense and D. taiwanianum, are proposed. Revised generic descriptions of Lopharia and Dentocorticium are provided with keys to the six accepted species in each genus. A list of all names in Lopharia and Dentocorticium are presented with their current taxonomic status. Type specimens of Dentocorticium brasiliense and D. irregulare were examined and determined to be later synonyms of Punctularia subhepatica and Diplomitoporus daedaleiformis, respectively.
- Check the Northern Research Station web site to request a printed copy of this publication.
- Our on-line publications are scanned and captured using Adobe Acrobat.
- During the capture process some typographical errors may occur.
- Please contact Sharon Hobrla, firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any errors which make this publication unusable.
- We recommend that you also print this page and attach it to the printout of the article, to retain the full citation information.
- This article was written and prepared by U.S. Government employees on official time, and is therefore in the public domain.
CitationLiu, Shi-Liang; Nakasone, Karen K.; Wu, Sheng-Hua; He, Shuang-Hui; Dai, Yu-Cheng. 2018. Taxonomy and phylogeny of Lopharia s.s., Dendrodontia, Dentocorticium and Fuscocerrena (Basidiomycota, Polyporales). MycoKeys. 32: 25-48.
KeywordsCorticioid fungi, dendrohyphidia, species complex, wood-inhabiting fungi
- Coniophoropsis bambusicola sp. nov. (Coniophoraceae, Basidiomycota) from southern Vietnam
- Two new species of Aleurodiscus s.l. (Russulales, Basidiomycota) on bamboo from tropics
- Armillaria mexicana, a newly described species from Mexico
XML: View XML